Friday, February 11, 2011

Do You Want To Survive Or Be Voted Out?

The popular CBS show, Survivor, makes its way to the Nintendo Wii, but is this a game you want to survive or be voted out of?

I have to admit, when I heard that a Survivor games had been released for the Wii, I thought it could be decent. I was wrong.

To begin, you don’t play as one survivor; you play as an entire tribe. So, for those of you who wanted to role play your own survivor, you are out of luck. The survivors in the game are from the show and they each are good at certain mini-games.

Oh yeah, this game is just a mini-game collection. There are no alliances, no camp life and no hidden immunity idols. They strip all those things away and keep only the challenges, which are mediocre at best.

The biggest problem I had with the challenges is how awful they are. Some of them are just hard to control and others seem to be broken. If I swing the Wii remote, I expect the game to do something right away, not 10 hours later (that was an exaggeration, it’s more like 20 hours).

After you do two challenges, you either go to another challenge if you win or tribal council if you loose. Yes, at least they have tribal council, too bad it sucks more than a leech (come on … you know you just laughed).

In this tribal council there is no voting, just when I thought they couldn’t get away from the show anymore, instead the computer picks a person and they’re gone. What the hell is that? That’s bulls***! If you win you get to pick someone off from the other tribe, which is kind of nice but still stupid.

Then after you vote enough people off you come to the merge, which is pointless. The merge is stupid and a waste of time, because you still compete against the other tribe. Nothing changes in the game. As far as I’m concerned the merge is just a poorly put together cut scene.

The other big problem I have with the game is the horrible lip syncing on Jeff Probst. Yes, Probst does do his own voice work, which is nice, but the people who made the game didn’t take the time to animate him properly. It’s just bad looking.

I can’t really say anything good about this game. It’s poorly made, the Wii controls barley work on some games and everything you would expect from a Survivor game is not here. They just slapped on the Survivor name to make a quick buck.

Hopefully in the future we can have a deep Survivor experience, until then, just stay away from this one.

1 out of 10

NOTE: If you have any requests for reviews send them my way. My email is at the top.

No comments: