Thursday, March 4, 2010

Best Pictures That Never Were: Day 15

Year: 1981
Movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Best Picture Winner: Chariots of Fire

Ok ... before I start just let me say that I do not think that Chariots of Fire should be stripped of Best Picture because it was great, I'm saying that I would of liked to see Raiders of Lost Ark win it too.
This was the first Indiana Jones movie and in my opinion the most exciting. Indy (Harrison Ford) and his feisty ex-flame Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen) dodge booby-traps, fight Nazis and stare down snakes in their incredible worldwide quest for the mystical Ark of the Covenant. Experience one exciting cliffhanger after another.
The film was directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Lawrence Kasdan based off a story by George Lucas. It was a great adventure movie that will go down in film history.

No comments: