Monday, January 19, 2009

Spider-Man Returning For Round 4

I just heard that Spider-Man 4 has a shooting start date next year, and I’m really not that thrilled about this. I also heard that Sony is eyeing a 2011 release and also that most of this stuff is coming out of the mouth of J.K. Simmons, the man who plays the Daily Bugle’s publisher J. Jonah Jameson.
Let’s all be honest with each other, Spider-Man 3 was a huge disappointment. The story had too much going on, Peter Parker was not even remotely likable and they butchered one of the comic’s most beloved villain - Venom. A villain we all were waiting for since the original Spider-Man was announced.
I honestly think they should just leave the Spider-Man franchise alone, we all have had are fill of this character and it’s about time they let it rest.
The reason I say this is because if they screw up the next one the way they destroyed the third, then this once promising franchise would just have a bigger hole to get out of. I know I’ve said the same things before on this blog, but I mean it, please don’t screw up Spider-Man 4 or maybe don’t make it at all.

No comments: