Sunday, October 25, 2009

31 Days of Horror 2: IT

October 25, 2009: IT
The reason why I hate clowns.
A small town group of youngsters are terrorized by a malignant force that kills. Some thirty years later, they learn of another string of child murders back in their home town, and this time team... A small town group of youngsters are terrorized by a malignant force that kills. Some thirty years later, they learn of another string of child murders back in their home town, and this time they team up to fight back.
The first time I watched this movie, Pennywise really scared me. I always wondered why in the hell did it have to be a clown, why did they need to make clowns scarier?
I love how IT begins but when the movie gets towards it second half it really fails for me. So, what I'm recommending here is the first half of the movie and not the lackluster second half.
IT has become a movie that everyone talks about when the subject of clowns comes up. You would be surprised on the number of people who hate clowns after watching this movie and for good reason. Pennywise is most likely one of the scariest things in horror movies. He is evil, scary looking and a freaking clown which tops it all off.
If you haven't seen it, I suggest watching it. Yes, Pennywise will give you the creeps but this TV adaptation really didn't do the source material justice. Yet, if you haven't read Stephen King's novel then you might like it better.

No comments: