Friday, December 12, 2008

Stamos and Dino Projects Are Dead

If you're like me, then you have been looking forward to the long promised Jurassic Park IV, but according to sources the project has met it's end. Producers Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy have stated that they have no interest in continuing the franchise.
I can honestly say that I'm not to heart broken about this news, for the simple fact that I think the Jurassic Park franchise has ran its course. Let's be honest with one another, Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Jurassic Park III really didn't reach the excitement of the original and always left me thinking they could of did that better.
In other news that struck me as interesting, John Stamos had been trying to get a new Full House series off the ground, but his efforts proved to be futile. According to what I've read, the series would have brought back the Tanners. Everyone would have revived their old characters, but it was unclear if the Olsen twins would of made a reappearance.
I honestly don't know if this show would of been a hit, it might of been. I know that the CW is having great success with their new 90210 and because of its success the network is planning on resurrecting Melrose Place. So, it seems that bringing back retro TV shows is all the rage.
My opinion is the only way you can make Full House work is if you either remake it with an entirely new cast (which would most likely cause it to flop) or have it be a spin-off focusing on only a few characters from the original. Yet, we don't have to worry about it since that couldn't close the deal.

No comments: