Tuesday, October 26, 2010

31 Days of Horror 3: Dark Night Of The Scarecrow

DAY 26
A 1981 made-for-TV horror film that I thought was actually decent.
The movie is about mentally challenged man, Bubba Ritter (Larry Drake) who is wrongfully accused of attacking a local girl (Tonya Crowe). He is then hunted by some towns people, led by Otis P. Hazelrigg (Charles Durning). His mother hides him in a field as a scarecrow, but they find and kill him but his spirit can't rest and returns to go on a killing spree to take his revenge.
The movie isn't gory (it's a TV movie), yet it does imply a lot of gruesome events. You might like it and you might not, but I did find it to be entertaining and the story isn't that bad.
Finding a copy isn't that hard. I know Amazon has it for sale and Netflix has it for rent. I don't think you can find it in a store, but I can be wrong, they did just release it on DVD.
It's definitely creepy and worth a watch.

No comments: