Monday, October 4, 2010

31 Days of Horror 3: Fright Night

DAY 4
Here is a movie that I missed the first two times I did these lists and I don't know why, because this movie is awesome.
Fright Night came out in 1985, so it has all the 80's horror goodness, and centers around Charley Brewster (William Ragsdale) who discovers that his next door neighbor, Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon) is a vampire! Soon Dandridge starts to stalk Brewster, so he turns to a washed up actor, Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall) to help him defeat Dandridge.
This movie is great! I loved every minute of Fright Night and it's a film ever horror fan should watch. Everyone does a fine job in their performances but it's McDowall who steals the show.
I just re-watched this film, while I was putting together the list, and one thing I did notice this time around is that it really spoofs things in the style of Scream, way before Scream did it, which makes it a true original.
It's goofy, scary and one hell of a good time. Go pick up a copy of Fright Night!

No comments: