Monday, August 18, 2008

20 Years of Madden


Madden NFL '09 rises to the top of the every gaming system chart, being the top selling game for each individual next-gen system.
In my current review I gave Madden '09 a 9 out of 10. To see that review please visit The Bristol Press website it will remain on the top stories for seven days and later be archived.
But since you are already reading this, I'll go though the game and mention parts that did not make it into that review.
First thing is the franchise mode, this mode is basically like all the other franchise modes but with updated rosters. Yet, this is still fun and where you will most likely log countless hours. I mean you can have a fantasy draft, pick your favorite team and build your football team from the ground up.
Franchise offers everything you can dream of, it's truly the fantasy football experience to beat.
The online is something I wanted to get into deeper. This mode is a mode I play less then I actually expected. There are certain things about the online I like and I dislike.
First, I like how you can play players through an Internet connection, and how every time you sign in it updates rosters.
The thing I have against the online mode is players that drop out. I mean come on, what's up with that? You can be in the 4th quarter and had a game where it's been neck and neck and you score a touchdown putting you in the lead. And I think we all witnessed this, once you take the lead the other player pulls out.
Still ... the online has a lot to offer and runs smoothly. I did run into lag between picking plays and taking the line, but this lag is nothing that will discourage you from playing. When you actual play the field, the lag is nonexistent. So I give a lot of credit to EA for making sure their online runs smoothly.
The Wii version is my version of choice and one thing I like about this version is its "call your own shots mode." This mode allows players, when they're in a passing play, to actual draw a route for your wide receivers to run.
This is an awesome addition to the game, it adds more strategy and just draws you deeper into the experience.
The big thing about the Wii version is the all-play mode, this makes the game of football for a wider audience.
I personally don't use this mode, I like the old and more challenging way to control the game and that's the control schem I use. But I do recommend All-Play for anyone who is new to the franchise and is just learning, in that sense the mode is great. If you're a more experienced and veteran player you can just take the game off of All-Play.
Yes, I will say it again it's the best football game on the market and EA has flexed all of their muscles to bring you a well polished and a well thought out game.
9 out of 10

Game Charts
Nintendo Wii
1.) Madden NFL '09 All-Play
2.) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3.) Deca Sports
4.) One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
5.) Summer Athletics: The Ultimate Challenge


XBOX360
1.) Madden NFL '09
2.) Soulcalibur IV
3.) Madden NFL '09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition
4.) Guitar Hero II (Game Only)
5.) John Woo Presents Stranglehold


Playstation 3
1.) Madden NFL '09: 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition
2.) Madden NFL '09
3.) Soulcalibur IV
4.) Ninja Gaiden Sigma
5.) Assassin's Creed



No comments: