Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Who Are You Going To Call?


Big news has hit the Internet about a new Ghostbusters film.
So far the reports are that Steve Carell and Seth Rogen will team up with the original Ghostbusters, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson for a third film.
According to reports the movie will be about the original Ghostbusters stars handing over their business to the new guys, which a lot of people in Hollywood believe that will give the franchise a reboot.
What I have to say about this is that I’m excited and also a little disappointed. I know that I’m not the only one who has been waiting years for a sequel to “Ghostbusters 2” and I’m happy they’re finally talking about one. The problem I have is them handing over the business.
I mean if you can get all the original Ghostbusters back, why not make a movie about them and not bring in new guys. I know what they’re trying to do, if the movie is successful then they would want to make more. But I believe fans would be happy if they gave us a third one and end it at that.
I have nothing against Carell or Rogan, but I rather not see them take over the Ghostbusters business. I rather just have the original Ghostbusters in a new movie and not have them retire.
If this is going to happen, which seems to be more and more likely, it has to be worth it, the script has to be good and the original Ghostbusters have to be in the whole thing. If they can’t meet those three things, then don’t do it. I think we would be better off with out it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO!!! Don't bring Carell or Rogan into this. I agree with you, they should leave it alone if you can't get the whole cast for the movie.