Monday, August 4, 2008

Indy Might Hold Whip In Hand Once Again


While being interviewed by London Times Online, George Lucas has stated that he is considering another “Indiana Jones” movie, if he could come up with another idea.
After the success of “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”, Lucas revealed certain dramas that involved in getting the latest installment to take flight.
He said the only real challenges are actually getting the story together and getting everybody to agree on it.
“Indiana Jones only becomes complicated when you have another two people saying I want it this way, whereas, when I first did Jones, I said, We’ll do it this way, and that was much easier. But now I have to accommodate everybody, because they are all big, successful guys, too, so it’s a little hard on a practical level,” said Lucas.
There is always rumors floating around, saying that the lead in future movies will be Shia LaBeouf’s character. The idea of Indy passing the baton does not sit well with fans.
I mean I don’t like that idea at all. If I’m going to the theaters to see an Indiana Jones movie I want to see Indiana Jones. I know Harrison Ford is getting old and he is not always going to be able to continue making these, but maybe everyone should stop after awhile.
For years we had the “Indiana Jones” trilogy and fans were set with that. Now with the new one (which I liked) there has become two groups of people ones that hated it and others who loved it.
I wouldn’t mind a fifth one, but I know that there is certain fans that just wish it would end now.
Lucas also revealed that Spielberg wasn’t enthusiastic in doing “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. Yet … after the success of the movie, Spielberg is more amenable to doing another one.
“We still have the issues about the direction we’d like to take. I’m in the future; Steven is in the past. He’s trying to drag it back to the way they were, I’m trying to push it to a whole different place,” said Lucas. “So, still we have a sort of tension. This recent one came out of that. It’s kind of a hybrid of our own two ideas, so we’ll see where we are able to take the next one.”

No comments: